Fast day number ten and I am feeling good! This delicious soup is 353 calories for the entire pot! The key to this eating plan is to be very wise with your 500/600 calorie allowance and squeeze in as many nutrients as you can!
You will need;
- 100g raw onion, chopped (40 calories)
- 3 cloves of garlic, sliced (13 calories)
- 100g celery, sliced finely (14 calories)
- 100g carrots, cubed (41 calories)
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes (72 calories)
- 100g kidney beans (65 calories)
- 100g green cabbage, shredded (24 calories)
- 25g pasta (84 calories)
- 1tsp dried basil, salt & pepper
Add a splash of water to a large saucepan and soften the onion, garlic, carrot and celery.
Once softened add the tin of chopped tomatoes and two tins of water, stir.
Add the kidney beans, pasta, shredded cabbage, basil, salt and pepper and allow to simmer for twenty five minutes or until the pasta has softened.
Ladle into warm bowls and dream of hunks of fresh bread to dip into it!