Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Fleur de sel brownies!


I grew up with saxa table salt as a diet staple. Mashed potatoes were not acceptable without a generous sprinkle of it and a boiled egg wasn't complete without it! Nowadays my taste has evolved and I am a salt snob. There is no saxa in my presses just sea salt and the delicious fleur de sel. I know I am a pain but I have come to terms with it. These brownies are the easiest and most delicious things to eat with a cup of coffee or even served with ice cream as a luscious dessert. 

You will need:

175g sugar
175g soft butter150g self raising flour125g drinking chocolate4 eggs100g dark chocolate, in pieces 
150g dulce de leche
sprinkle of fleur de sel


Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line/grease a brownie tin.
Mix together the sugar, butter, flour, drinking chocolate and the eggs until you have a runny mixture.
Fold in the chocolate pieces.
Pour into the brownie tin and level the top with a palette knife.
Bake for 45 mins or until there is a slight wobble in the middle.
Cool in the tin for 30 minutes before turning upside down onto a wire rack and peeling off the parchment paper. 
Turn onto a bread board once cooled and cut into 16 squares.
I used a dulce de leche to pipe a swirl on top of each mini square and sprinkled the top with fleur de del. Absolutely delicious. Best of luck just trying to eat one.........

6 comments:

  1. Look so nice...not a big cake/sweet fan but a salt addict and love a sweet/salt combo so will be trying these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a gorgeous combination, can't have popcorn without something chocolate with it!

      Delete
  2. Fleur de sel+dulce de leche= everything I love! I'm so gonna try to make these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of my favourite things too, must make some salty cookies as well!

      Delete
  3. Uh oh, fleur de sel and caramel things, yum yum! The region where I am from actually produces a lot of fleur de sel, such a beautiful product!Dreaming of this delicious dessert now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are heading to the vendee region in June! I cannot wait to fill my car boot with lots of french treats!!

      Delete