Monday, October 24, 2011

Rainy Day Cookies


 After my adventures in macarons last week I had my fill of sieving almonds. Six batches of them in seven days is enough for even Pierre Herme I would think. I love making cookies as they are so easy to throw together and the kids absolutely love helping me with them. Miserable wet day in Clara so its always handy to do something like this with the boys when they cant get out to work of their energy on the trampoline. Its always nice to have a treat as a bribe to help make the job of eating their dinner a little more attractive, I know some people frown upon using treats in such a way but bribery is most definitely my favourite type of parenting!

Ingredients

  • 200g plain flour
  • 125g margarine
  • 125g brown sugar
  • 50g chocolate chips
  • 50g white chocolate
  • 2 tbsp peanut butter
  • 1 tbsp cocoa (sieved)
  • 1 egg

Method

Grease a baking tray and preheat oven to 180 degrees
Beat the margarine, peanut butter, brown sugar and cocoa in a bowl until well blended
Add the egg and mix well
Gently stir in flour and chocolate chips until mixture forms a dough
Roll dough into walnut size balls and press down onto baking tray
Bake for 12-15 minutes depending on your oven
Cool on a wire rack before drizzling with melted white chocolate

So apart from the usual rows about who got to stir the mixture for longer than the other a lovely afternoon was had by all. Wont be long till there is another little pair of hands looking to help but for today she was happy to hang onto my leg!

4 comments:

  1. Yay, I'm delighted to see this post up. It looks great. These cookies make a wonderful rainy day treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good they are helping you in the kitchen, no matter what the main reason is. One day some girls will be very happy that your boys know how to bake/cook :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for comments ladies! Love having them help in the kitchen, they will make fab partners when they are older! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My understanding of bribery is that it goes hand in hand with parenting!! LOL!! Love the cookies.
    Nicola :)

    ReplyDelete