Sunday, May 29, 2011

Another Easy One - Tiramisu!

Like most busy working mums I love a quick and easy dessert recipe that can be thrown together in five minutes yet still manages to get the wow factor, this is just the trick!  I especially love this recipe as there is no measuring involved which prevents the toddler running around the kitchen with my scales telling everyone to admire his new clock! My sister in law, Evelyn, who lives in the Netherlands and loves to cook as well asked me for this recipe.  Her husband had it in my house recently and must have enjoyed it which is always a good sign.  I tried two previous recipes for this and there were elements of both I liked so I decided to combine them and this is the result.  I like to make mine in six nice glasses or alternately any suitable serving dish.

Ingredients

  • 3 eggs separated
  • 2 tbsp caster sugar
  • 250grs mascarpone
  • Packet of ladyfingers/boudoirs
  • Small cafetiere of fresh cooled coffee
  • Small carton of whipping cream
  • Cocoa powder to dust
Beat egg yolks and sugar till pale and thick
Fold in mascarpone
Whip egg whites till stiff and fold into mixture
Place 1/2 of the biscuits in end of a dish and pour over enough coffee to soften, put remainder of biscuits in a shallow dish and pour over remaining coffee
Spoon half the eggy mixture on top of biscuits and repeat
Top with lightly whipped cream and dust with cocoa powder
Enjoy and try to resist eating two!




No comments:

Post a Comment