Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Chocolate & mint mini cupcakes!

I have a love hate relationship with the
herbs I grow on my kitchen windowsill
and in my garden. I love them and they
hate me as I continuously kill them off one by one. The only one with a bit of staying power is the humble unassuming mint plant. He doesn't judge when I forget to water him or pull off his brown leaves so I thought I would reward him by allowing him decorate these delicious little cupcakes. I am generous like that, it's one of my few faults. ;-)

To make 24 mini cupcakes & 6 regular sized ones you will need;

120g butter, softened
120g caster sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
90g self raising flour
30g cocoa powder
1tbsp milk
1tsp peppermint essence

Preheat the oven to 180 degrees & line your cupcake tins with cases.

Cream the butter & sugar together.

Add in half the beaten eggs, combine.

Add in a tablespoon of sieved flour.

Stir in remaining eggs.

Add the rest of the flour and the cocoa powder, lightly stir.

Add the milk & peppermint essence and give a final stir.

Spoon equal amounts into each case.

Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.

To decorate;

150g icing sugar
50g cocoa powder
100g softened butter
1tsp peppermint essence

Mix all ingredients together to make a stiff icing.

Spoon into an icing bag fitted with a Wilton 1M icing nozzle.

Pipe a little star of icing on top of each bun.

Decorate with a few dark chocolate sprinkles & a leaf of garden mint. (Optional)



8 comments:

  1. Look absolutely delicious...Big fan of mint + chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too David! A packet of after eights is never safe around me!!! ;-)

      Delete
  2. Paula you are surpassing yourself ! If I ever get out of puppysitting I will make these. The posts are keeping me sane though so keep them coming. I dream of coffee & cake in the madder moments . your getting mighty good at the photography lark now impressive Rosemarie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosemarie! Puppy sitting is harder than looking after children!!! Hope it's going well. :-)

      Delete
  3. Those look pretty and sound delicious your second plate is just look very tempestuous.

    Toscana Restaurant Temple Bar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great place to get information about chocolate cup cakes to south Africa topic.

      Delete
  4. The main functions of a kitchen are to store, prepare and cook food and to complete related tasks such as dishwashing.insignia tv won't turn on

    ReplyDelete