Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Crunchy Oaty Cookies

Thought I might have lost my mojo but thankfully yesterday I found it! Its hard to find the time to fit everything in but keeping my blog is something that I love to do and I am determined to find a hour a week to publish a post! Christmas and a lovely holiday in Fuerteventura have all combined in helping me gain a few unwanted excess pounds so I am trying to avoid too many sweet treats but all work and no play makes for a very dull Paula! I love a bowl of porridge to get me started of a morning and my favourite topping is brown sugar so I thought I would make a cookie version. Very simple to throw together and delicious with a cuppa.

Ingredients

8oz butter
8oz brown sugar
8oz self raising flour
8oz porridge oats
2 tbsp golden syrup
1 tbsp orange juice

Method
Preheat oven to 180 degrees and grease two baking trays.
Melt butter, sugar and golden syrup in a saucepan over a medium heat.
Turn off heat and add in oats, flour and juice, combine well.
Place tablespoons of mixture on greased baking trays, leaving room to spread.
Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.

These cookies are so gorgeous, perfect to keep my sweet tooth at bay without reaching for a slab of cake. Isaac is 4 this weekend though so there will be cake slabs aplenty demolished I am sure!




3 comments:

  1. yum, sounds perfect - almost health food really with the porridge oats. My favourite topping on apple is some stewed applle, divine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious!! Lovely recipe and pics :) and welcome back to the blogosphere. You've been missed xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound perfect for that afternoon slump I seem to be suffering from lately, I'll be making these at the weekend for sure.
    Thanks Paula, and welcome back, hope you had a good holiday :)
    Nicola x

    ReplyDelete