Sunday, November 6, 2011

Makes one feel posh dipping biscotti in espresso!

Its a well known fact among my friends that I love all things posh. Fancy candles that I never light, fresh coffee, a pineapple in my fruit bowl* and 80% cocoa chocolate in my press! Of course I am writing this in jest with my tongue firmly in my cheek but I do love a bit of posh! My hubs knowing me inside out recently bought me a lovely stove top coffee pot and I am enjoying brewing my daily coffee with it, always love to have something nice with it and what could be more authentic than a biscotti. There seems to be a huge amount of recipes on the world wide web for them but Nigella never lets me down so I used her lovely recipe from Feast.

Ingredients
  • 1 egg
  • 100g caster sugar
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • few drops almond essence
  • 125g plain flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 50g blanched almonds
  • 75g dark chocolate chips (Obviously I used high % cocoa chocolate and chopped it up!)
  

Method

Preheat oven to 180 degrees
Whisk egg and sugar till it falls in ribbons from whisk
Beat in vanilla and almond essence
Fold in flour, salt and baking powder slowly in batches
Fold in almonds and chocolate
Pat dough into a log like shape and place on baking parchment on baking tray


Bake for 25 minutes or until golden
Leave cool for 5 minutes then slice diagonally
Place back in oven on parchment for 10 minutes then turn and bake for further 5 minutes
Cool on wire rack
Make coffee and dunk!



I felt very sophisticated sitting at my breakfast bar drinking my coffee and nibbling my biscotti. Try the recipe and you can feel posh too!

*are pineapples posh?? :-)

1 comment:

  1. They look delicious! I miss cream flour... wish we could get it in England.

    I love a bit of posh too, the best is drinking my orange juice at breakfast time from a crystal glass!

    ReplyDelete