Monday, July 18, 2011

Death by Rocky Road Cheesecake!

This recipe should actually come with a disclaimer! I don't think I could have fitted in anymore calorie laden ingredients than I did, the things I do for the sake of this blog!!  A cheesecake is probably one of the easiest things in the world to make, bash a few biscuits, beat some other lovely ingredients together, chill and eat. I made a toblerone cheesecake recently and it went down a treat with my friends so I got my thinking cap on and decided to construct my version of a rocky road.  Not for the diet conscious but delicious for a once in a while treat......

Ingredients

  • 250gr double chocolate maryland biscuits
  • 125gr melted butter
  • 200gr finest swiss milk chocolate
  • 500gr mascarpone cheese
  • 250ml whipped cream
  • box of Dr Oetker mini mini marshmallows
  • bag of crunchie rocks
  • handful of mini marshmallows to decorate
Whizz up the cookies to resemble crumbs and add to melted butter. Pat down in base of springform tin. Chill.
Melt chocolate and add to beaten mascarpone. Combine well.
Add whipped cream to chocolate mixture and combine. Add half of the bag of crunchie rocks and the box of mini mini marshmallows.
Pour over base and chill in fridge for at least two hours.
Decorate top with remaining crunchie rocks and a handful of mini marshmallows. 
I drizzled the top of my cake then with a melted bar of dairy milk chocolate!





So even my husband who apparently "hates" cheesecake managed to scoff two slices of this luscious concoction! Big hit with kids, not going to be a regular on the Ryan household pudding list because of the calorific ingredients but maybe for very special occasions I will make and indulge!!

9 comments:

  1. was 'dying' to see the recipe after viewing the picture first. Looks and sounds amazing Paula. Cheesecake forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks shiela! All my favourites in the one cake!! Going to start thinking about the next one......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paula! This recipe should be a crime!
    If you continue to post such tempting treats, we may just have to arrest you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha Sharon!! I did warn ye.... :-)
    Thanks for comment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear, that looks divine, I think I've put on half a stone just looking at the picture. My daughter, looking over my shoulder, just said, 'Oh Mam, you HAVE to make that!' In all honesty if I did I'd have to padlock the fridge.....for my own sake!!
    Does look great though.......mmm
    Nicola

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank god we had friends over Nicola to share it with otherwise it would not have been pretty looking at the scales today!! Nice to make for a special occasion!! Thanks for comment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is soohh naughty, Paula, it looks amazing. Just the one little piece for me, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Colette! Should have saved you a small slice!! :-)

    ReplyDelete